Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Varsity Boys Info

This was supposed to be up last night but...

Pictures are Tomorrow (which is now today, Tuesday) at 3:00. We will be wearing khaki pants, gold t-shirt and warm-up jackets.

Morning practices start next Monday. They will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 5:45-7:00 am. Parents, is there a breakfast schedule out there? If you have or are willing to put one together, please let me know.

We will have practice this Saturday. I have a meeting 9am-4pm so I am not sure when it will be. More than likely it will be 7-8:45 am.

Our first meet is coming up quickly. If there is an event or two that you would really like to swim, let me know and I will see what I can do.

This Wednesday we will be spending the first part of practices developing our core covenants. I feel that this is very important for us to do as witnessed by the fact that we are giving up practice time to do it. Please take this process and the resulting core covenants seriously.

I will have new copies of the goal sheets for everyone by Tuesday or Wednesday. I would like to have them back to me by next week Friday.

Continue to remember your team mates throughout practices. Your practice can be made much more bearable (maybe even fun) if you encourage your team mates and look after each other.

One thing I forgot to mention in our meeting but we will talk about more later is the National Power Point Dual Meet. Last year we finished 3rd in the nation with a point total of 4,138. As one of our team goals I would like to hear from you all how high a total you think we can put together. I have a number in mind but would like to hear what you guys think.

West Michigan Relays Info - December 20:
The meet is at Jenison High School Pool at 2140 Bauer Rd., Jenison, 49428.
Diving Warm-ups Start: 8:00 am - Coach VW will let you know what time your leaving here.
Diving Starts: 10:00 am
Swimmers leave our pool: 11:30 am
Swimming Warm-up Starts: 12:00 pm
Swimming Starts: 1:30 pm
The meet should last around 4 hours. It is always tough to tell how long the meet will take. This meet is a great opportunity to swim around a bit and have fun going fast!

We have had 4 great practices so far and we are looking forward to many more.

Be tough!!!!!
T

No comments: